Monday, April 1, 2013

Aunt Mae's chicken aka Cranberry chicken

Most of my friends do not know that my dad's side of the family is Jewish. Even though I am not technically Jewish myself that part of my family and background is very important to me. When I was younger I used to go to California to spend Passover with my family. When I was first in college I went down and one of the dishes that my Aunt Mae (My grandpa's sister) made was this YUMMY cranberry chicken dish, I didn't know that until this past Passover that it wasn't something that my Aunt Mae made up lol. 

So this year in honor of Passover I made Aunt Mae's chicken :) Whenever I make it its a BIG hit! If you want a new chicken dish you NEED to make this! 




Things you will need:
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of whole cranberrys sauce
1 bottle of French dress
2 packages of onion soup mix

*if you don't like alot of onion then you can use just 1 package of onion soup mix




First you need to pre heat your oven to 350 degrees














In a bowl mix with the chicken mix the cranberry sauce, dressing, and soup mix. I like to mix it with my hands to break-up all of the whole cranberries but if you don't like to do that sort of thing you can use a large spoon. 








After you are done mixing everything add it all to a baking dish and cover with foil and bake in the over until top is bubbly and slightly browned, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.




After about its finished take it out of the oven and let it cool about 15 or so minutes and serve! 









1 comment:

 
Content Copyright Frilly Aprons and Combat Boots | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs