Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Taco casserole

I have never had taco casserole. So tonight I decided to make it and since I am trying to eat a little healthier I decided to take out the chips that most people put in.... I know by the end you will think that this isn't low in calorie but I did the math and it is... so here goes


Ingredients you will need:

1 pound of ground beef
half an onion, diced
1 can of fat free refried beans
1 1/2 cups hominy
1 cup salsa
taco seasoning
half cup sour cream
2 cups cheese



I was going to use the tomatos but decided not to







cook the beef and onion in a skillet with the taco seasoning







once the meat is about half way done add the hominy and salsa and cook until the beef is cooked all the way




Now its time to layer!!!


layer 1: refried beans





layer 2: hand full of cheese





layer 3: half of the meat mixture






layer 4: more cheese!!!





layer 5: the rest of the meat mixture





layer 6: sour cream





layer 7: the rest of the cheese









now bake in a 350 degree oven until the layer of cheese is melted and enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Frilly Aprons and Combat Boots | Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs